Over the course of their careers Sloan Ellis and Brandi Hinton have successfully defended and prosecuted thousands of criminal cases, and resolved numerous civil matters where they have recovered substantial settlements for their clients. The matters listed below are a sampling of the success they have had. Please note that any results achieved in past cases are not necessarily indicative of results in the future. Every case is different.
Call us to see how we can help you.
- Represented high-ranking engineer who was working on a nuclear plant construction project in connection with a lengthy U.S. Department of Justice, FBI, and State Grand Jury investigation.
- Represented the founder of a nationally known South Carolina-based company in a shooting investigation. The Solicitor determined the client had acted in self-defense and declined to bring charges.
- Defended employee of a federal contractor in a lengthy U.S. Department of Justice investigation into multi-million-dollar set-aside contracts in the Small Business Administration’s 8(a) program.
- Member of the trial team who defended the former CEO and Chairman of the Board of a sub-prime mortgage lending company in what has been called the most complex securities fraud case in the history of South Carolina.
- Represented client in a lengthy IRS investigation. Resolved the matter with a civil settlement without criminal charges being filed.
- Represented a foster parent accused of homicide by child abuse and resolved the case with a non-incarceration sentence.
- Represented numerous health care providers in LLR proceedings.
- Represented a physician who received a civil investigative demand from the United States Attorney’s Office pursuant to the False Claims Act and negotiated a successful settlement with the Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General on the client’s behalf.
- Represented an individual who was falsely accused of sexual assault in a downtown Greenville bar. The prosecutor declined to bring charges.
- Secured the early release of several prisoners via the state parole process.
- Represented a former employee of a large local company who was accused of embezzling money from the company for years. Successfully reached a settlement with the company and the company did not report the activity to law enforcement.
- Represented an individual who was sexually assaulted by an employee of a municipality while the client was an inmate at that municipality’s jail. Successfully settled the case before a lawsuit needed to be filed.
- Represented a dentist accused of possession with intent to distribute cocaine in a criminal case and in the LLR proceeding. The criminal charges were ultimately dismissed, and the dentist kept his dental license.
- Successfully defended a landscape architect in a civil trial for breach of trust.
- Retained by a large company to represent employees of that company who were subpoenaed to testify in an out-of-state federal trial.
- Represented numerous families who wrongfully had their children taken away by a state agency due to a contractor for that agency faking positive drug tests and turning those fake tests over to the police.
- Represented an individual who was sexually assaulted by an employee of a major South Carolina-based company while the employee was on the job. Successfully settled the case before a lawsuit needed to be filed.
- Conducted an internal investigation for a large municipality.
- Represented numerous college students in Title IX investigations at large universities and small colleges.
- Defended former employee of a local company federally charged with embezzling over $100,000 from the company. Successfully argued for client to receive a non-incarceration sentence.
- Recovered over $1,200,000 for three individuals severely injured in a wreck with a tractor-trailor on Interstate 85.
- Represented resident of New York who had an outstanding federal bench warrant and indictment in South Carolina. Successfully argued to have the indictment dismissed and the bench warrant vacated.